At North Village Church, we desire to see all people to mature in their relationship with Jesus. It is our hope to see men and women not only experience saving faith in Jesus, but that our faith would be burrowed into our hearts and minds so that we see a church family that is bringing greater glory to Him. Consider the words of the Apostle Paul below:
11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; 15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love. (Ephesians 4:11-16)
- Spiritual Gifts: Do you know your spiritual gifts? Are you functioning in your spiritual gifts so that you are building up the body of Christ?
- Equipping of the Saints: Do you love Scripture? Are you being equipped so that you can equip others? This includes friends, spouse, children, co-workers, neighbors, etc.
- Work of Service: This implies humility. We are willingly humbling ourselves to Jesus as our leader so we can point our lives and the lives of others toward Him.
- Maturity: Are you able to stand strong through faith so that you aren’t “tossed here and there” by the false teachings in our culture? Do you see yourself as a man or woman of character? This includes genuine love for God evidenced by holiness of life and personal integrity.
- Speaking Truth In Love: Are you speaking Scripture over others so that you see supernatural life change? Are you pointing your heart and the hearts of others to the gospel? Are you willing to confront lies, refute false doctrine, and have really hard conversations?
- Grow Up Into All Aspects Into Him: Are you living on mission with Jesus? Are you living incarnationally with others? Is this happening because you are resting in the gospel, and the Holy Spirit is leading you to engage His mission at your job, family, church, home, and hobby?
In March we will begin our training. Our hope is that we will continue the training next year and provide two tracks. If you weren’t able to get involved this year, then pray about getting involved next year!
In January I am hosting a 4-week study to take an in-depth look at Ephesians 5:25-26.
I have found one of the greatest challenges in our spiritual lives as men is leading our wives spiritually (See 1 Peter 3:7.) Notice the last line in verse 7 teaches us that our prayers will be hindered if we neglect to love our wives, lead them, pastor them, treat them with honor, and live with them in an understanding.
I can think of no greater response to that truth in Scripture than to gather with other men and challenge one another to step into that role in a practical way.
I know we are busy. I know we have excuses. I know we feel pulled in a 100 different directions. But, don’t miss the opportunity to be spiritually sharpened and respond to the call of God’s Word on your life.
Here are the details:
January 21st (Tuesday, 7pm)
January 28th (Tuesday, 7pm)
February 4th (Tuesday, 7pm)
February 11th (Tuesday, 7pm)
Church Office: 8705 Shoal Creek Blvd #207
Put it in your calendar now!
Throughout December North Village Church took some time to think critically about the Christmas songs we sing around the holidays. These are often songs that we have heard so often, and been so commercialized that they have lost their meaning. Below is a sample from, “Hark! The Herald Angel Sing.”
The word, “Hark” means to listen attentively. Therefore, when we hear this song we need to ask ourselves, “Are we listening?” It isn’t simply going through the motions of coming on a Sunday morning, reading Scripture, praying, and religious activity. It isn’t simply going to work, parenting, and going through the holidays. It isn’t simply going to Christmas parties, decorating the tree, and buying presents, but it is asking, “Am I listening to the message that is being herald by the angels as they sing, ‘Glory to the newborn king?”
13 And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, 14 “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.”
You can listen to the rest HERE.
There is a lie to expose in our culture. Do you hear it? The lie to expose is that we blame God for our pain and suffering. God didn’t create this pain and suffering. Look at Genesis 1-2. Look at the relationship between humanity and God that is being established. I know some of us get distracted by the existence of dinosaurs and the age of the earth. Stop looking for secret hidden codes, and look at the God that is being described in Genesis 1-2.
Who disciples? Col. 3:2 “Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.
- The eternal minded that see the big picture
- Those that are personal and have a passion to walk with others
- People who love Jesus
- Lovingly reprove those you lead, and be are teachable
How to disciple? (Barnabas, Paul, Timothy)
The next question we need to consider is, “Does it matter?” I believe this questions matters, no matter where you are on your spiritual journey, because on some level all of humanity has already committed themselves to some type of god. Even if we say, “I don’t care about all that religious stuff.” It isn’t true.
If you read all your psychology and sociology books they will all tell you that people have needs, and underneath all those needs is a deep, deep need to fix our hearts and minds on something, and give complete allegiance. It is to put all your weight, trust, belief, and security in something, and at the end of the day it is our own personal type of god.
In Romans 1 it makes the claim that we can look at creation and see evidence for God! Can you believe that?
20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
When you see the phrase, “Eternal Power” in the original language it is the word “Dunamis” it is where we get the word “Dynamite.” It means when we look at creation we can see powerful, explosive, miraculous characteristics that point god-like creator.