The depths of the cross are overwhelming to take in, it leaves me in awe continually that the blood of Christ that was poured out on my behalf. Below are a few truths to reflect on:
• Redemption: All Christ-followers have been redeemed and forgiven. Our salvation has been purchased, as a ransom, through the blood of Jesus Christ, the sinless Son of God who died as a payment for our sins and took upon Himself our guilt and punishment for those sins (Ephesians 1:7).
• Justification: God has justified us, or declared us not guilty, through the gift of faith when we have accepted Christ as Savior. His own arm has made us right with Him, what we in and of ourselves could not do, declaring us righteous in His sight, and applying the righteousness of Christ to our accounts (Romans 5:9, 17).
• Reconciliation: Jesus’ blood makes it possible for God to bring us back into a right relationship with Him. The Bible says we were enemies of God until we accepted Christ. Christ’s blood is the bridge, the peace offering, that reconciles us to God (Colossians 1:19-22).
• Sanctification: Is God’s cleansing and setting us apart unto Himself for His purposes and His will. He sanctified us when we were saved, and He continues to perfect us, to make us clean vessels properly prepared for His good works (Hebrews 12:14).
• Access: Finally, we would not have access to God’s throne of grace without the shedding of Christ’s blood. The reason we can cry out and be heard by God is through Christ’s sacrificial death. We can now approach the throne of grace with expectation and assurance that we are being heard and will be responded to by our Heavenly Father!
Isn’t the gospel beautiful? It is like a diamond that when elevated and lifted up, catches the light, and the more you turn it, the more gaze upon it, the more beautiful it appears. Reflect on the truths of the gospel and on what God has done. Rejoice and praise the Lord for His merciful plan of Redemption!