At North Village Church, we desire to see all people to mature in their relationship with Jesus. It is our hope to see men and women not only experience saving faith in Jesus, but that our faith would be burrowed into our hearts and minds so that we see a church family that is bringing greater glory to Him. Consider the words of the Apostle Paul below:
11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; 15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love. (Ephesians 4:11-16)
- Spiritual Gifts: Do you know your spiritual gifts? Are you functioning in your spiritual gifts so that you are building up the body of Christ?
- Equipping of the Saints: Do you love Scripture? Are you being equipped so that you can equip others? This includes friends, spouse, children, co-workers, neighbors, etc.
- Work of Service: This implies humility. We are willingly humbling ourselves to Jesus as our leader so we can point our lives and the lives of others toward Him.
- Maturity: Are you able to stand strong through faith so that you aren’t “tossed here and there” by the false teachings in our culture? Do you see yourself as a man or woman of character? This includes genuine love for God evidenced by holiness of life and personal integrity.
- Speaking Truth In Love: Are you speaking Scripture over others so that you see supernatural life change? Are you pointing your heart and the hearts of others to the gospel? Are you willing to confront lies, refute false doctrine, and have really hard conversations?
- Grow Up Into All Aspects Into Him: Are you living on mission with Jesus? Are you living incarnationally with others? Is this happening because you are resting in the gospel, and the Holy Spirit is leading you to engage His mission at your job, family, church, home, and hobby?
In March we will begin our training. Our hope is that we will continue the training next year and provide two tracks. If you weren’t able to get involved this year, then pray about getting involved next year!